“Barry is a great creative learning experience creator and a dedicated team player that I can personally recommend.”Managing Director, Commercial Operations EMEA
As an Instructional Designer (also known as a Learning Experience Designer), I am all about the whole learner and their learning journey – what is it they need to know or to do? I encourage them to ‘want’ to learn, to learn, to check they have learned, and then to apply/to action what they have learned.
I can take a project from blank page to delivery or just come in at any specific stage in the design and development process.
My Instructional Designer skillset, includes:
- Idea and Vision Generation
- Building Learning Strategies and Design Processes
- Learning Journeys
- Scriptwriting (in Plain English for easy/quicker translation)
Some of the main techie tools I use daily (and have used for many years) for instructional design, include:
- Articulate Storyline 360
- Articulate Rise
- TechSmith Camtasia
- Microsoft Office 365
- WordPress and HTML
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
Below are three examples of recent work I have completed, and please also visit the Gallery for some sample eLearning screenshots and videos.
[ EXAMPLE #1 ]
Helped make the most memorable product launch in the company’s history >>
My ‘game-changing’ learning design approach based on the use of persona problem videos with live studio solutions, was a key driver in making their first ever virtual product launch the most memorable overall launch in the history of the company.
- Broadcast to 559 dealers across 34 EMEA countries in 8 languages.
- A first within the material handling industry; the launch is still being talked about today by dealers and staff.
- An estimated savings of around 20,000 Euros.
“Absolutely loving your Persona Based presentation content on the <product name> – Really game changing vs old approach!! You have really transformed training!!”Industry Group Manager, EMEA Marketing
[ EXAMPLE #2 ]
Converted Sales Enablement classroom training to a virtual learning journey within 2-3 weeks >>
Many learners were booked on the new Sales Enablement F2F classroom training sessions, then the ‘pandemic’ hit, which meant a quick conversion to a full virtual training programme was needed. I completed this within 2-3 weeks, combining 3 x 1-hour virtual training live sessions along with pre/post work.
- Company was able to escalate their timelines by over 8 months to deliver the first wave of the sales training.
- Future travel/expense costs were saved across EMEA (and when adopted globally), because of the success of the virtual training offering.
- Sales teams embraced the new selling approach methodology, with one team using it immediately to close several huge deals.
“Barry is one of the most remarkable learning and development professionals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He has extensive knowledge of what it takes to engage and drive learning across a global organisation. Every day he brings incredible new insights around our approach to how we can drive learning across a geographically dispersed, culturally differentiated and multi-lingual audience. His passion for people and learning knows no bounds and he focuses on continually improving his abilities in order to increase his offering to support others. Collaborative, genuinely curious, totally accountable and with a great sense of humour! Long may our collaborative partnership thrive.”Commercial Training & Sales Enablement Director
[ EXAMPLE #3 ]
Moved a popular YouTube channel to a next level in learning >>
Convinced a popular Sartorial YouTube channel on their need to expand the way they educate their viewers. I provided learning design consultancy and set up a curriculum.
- Subscribers increase of c30,000 (taking them above 100,000) within 12 months, with them only posting 2-3 videos per month.
- Increased exposure, which led to more revenue from advertising, and new business.
“Barry has decades of experience as an educator and has been a speaker in almost all medias, and is pure kindness! He has pushed the limits of quality in our productions.”Sartorial Talks Co-Founder